Saturday, October 6, 2012

Frigid Friday...

 On Thursday it went from 80 degrees to 50 degrees in a matter of two hours.  Yesterday we had a whopping high of 42.  Friday was frigid.
About four days of fall is all we had here in Colorado, and yesterday the first spitting of snow.  I  miss fall-- real fall.  Fall like back East, with more colors than just evergreen and yellow.

I pretty much spent the entire day at the sewing machine.
As a warm up, I did a little towel decorating.  I'm not a huge fan of most dish towels that have those printed designs.  But when I buy the plain ones and bring them home, I inevitably decorate them myself.


I felt thoroughly inspired by fall-- I suppose due to the lack of it-- and spent a good chunk of time making a fall inspired tote.  It's almost done.  I used the quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) method, which I had never done before.  It was tons of fun to put together.  Maybe today I will get it finished up.


I made a bit more progress on the feathers.  I cut off and flipped one of them, and added the side strip to bring the pillow front to full size.
It's ready for a little hand stitching, and then to have the pillow back and binding put on.


All in all, while it may have been cold, it was a really good Friday.  We finished off the day by going to a library book sale.  We walked away with a plethora of new (to us) books for a mere $12.  Not bad at all.
Hope you all have a wonderful, and warm, weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment