Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's with Wednesdays?

There was a time where it seemed I only sat down to write on Fridays, and now it seems to have shifted to Wednesday.  I'm going to have to work on changing things up a bit I suppose!

Today I've finished up quilting the t-shirt quilt for my niece.  In the long run I opted to machine quilt (using Aurifil Thread 50 wt. #Light Grey)  instead of hand tie it.  It's a diamond grid with a 6 inch spread.  Honestly, it was the most difficult time quilting I have ever had-- despite all the shirts being interfaced, there was still a lot of stretch to deal with.  If I had to do it again, I would hand tie.


The binding fabric was delivered today and is in the wash.  As soon as it's dry I will start getting the binding made.  Typically I do not prewash my fabrics, but since all the shirts were washed to start out with, I chose to wash the backing and binding fabrics as well.

Chloe graduates  in a week and a half, and will be given her finished quilt then!  I can't wait for her to have it!  I will do a full post of the finished quilt after she has received it, and will try to give some pointers for anyone looking to make a t-shirt quilt in the future.


While I wait for the binding fabric to finish up I am working on that tote bag I told you about last week-- the one for my trip in a week.  And soaking in the spring time air by taking a few outdoor breaks as well!


I hope you are all getting some time outdoors these days, enjoying the beautiful weather (depending on where you live)!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment