Sunday, December 30, 2012

The end of my stay-cation...

My stay-cation has come to an end, and tomorrow I return to work :o(
I must admit that I hoped to accomplish much more than I did over my week off. I had high hopes for the amount of work I could hammer out.  There was a day or two thrown in there where I didn't do squat, but that's what a vacation is all about anyway... right?

I did manage to make some progress on the t-shirt quilt for my niece.  It took a surprisingly long amount of time to get this much put together.


If you need a size reference-- that is laid out on a queen bed.  This quilt is going to be huge.

I've been throwing around ideas for what colors I will use on my Skill Builder BOM quilt.  I keep wanting to push myself out of my comfort zone, but the bottom line is that I have A LOT of blues, greens, and grays in my stash... and I could due to put a dent in them.  I'm currently leaning towards this one:

http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/color-cove2
I have a whole Pinterest board of these color cards from Design Seeds.  They are a great resource for color inspiration!  As someone who is terrified of mixing and matching colors, I have found this site to be incredible useful.   Maybe I will get some more sewing in on New Years day.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment