Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A morning of senses

We're enjoying what remains of summer here in our new home. 
Yesterday morning was spent in the brambles picking blackberries, and today I will make a cobbler.


For two weeks I have been anxiously waiting on these lilies to bloom-- they are such a beautiful color.  It's become something of a ritual for me to check on them and photograph them each day... I found them particularly beautiful after this mornings rain. 
 

And I'm elated to report that we've found a second pear tree on the property.  Unlike the first one we found, this one is heavy in fruit!


There is still no sewing going on, but the great fabric reorganization of 2013 is well underway.  While they have been organized by color for sometime, none of my fabrics were folded uniformly which was causing a problem when it came to utilizing my new space.  I still have about 1/3 left to refold and resort.  It has been strangely calming to work my way through these piles, touching and refolding each fabric.  Calming though it may be, I will be thrilled once this task is wrapped up and I can get some sewing underway! 


As I get lost in the repetition of folding this morning, I find myself extra in touch with all of my senses-- I'm loving:

...the smell of rain
...watching the sun struggle to peek out through the clouds
...the taste of crackers with brie and fig spread (yes that's my breakfast, don't judge me)
...feeling all of my soft fabrics as I refold them
...listening to Andrew Bird, Armchair Apocrypha

What are you loving this morning?



No comments:

Post a Comment