Wednesday, November 14, 2012

M.I.A.

Sorry for the absence over the past two weeks.  Life got a hold of me I suppose.

Mr. Trio Beautiful and I took a trip to see my dad, step-mom, and sisters-- it was too short, just a weekend trip, but better than nothing!  I finally had the chance to show my hubby where I grew up.

The creek I played in when I was growing up
We took a beautiful day trip into the Blue Ridge Mountains.  And ate at a wonderful restaurant in Front Royal called Apartment 2G.  It was an amazing dining experience... the chefs even allow you into their kitchen.


Since we returned from the trip I've found myself with little time to do the things I need, and want to be doing.  On Saturday we entered the 21st century and finally got ourselves smartphones.  I thought for sure there would be a huge learning curve, but have found my new iPhone to be delightfully straight forward.

I've managed to squeeze in 30 minutes here and there to keep plowing away at this t-shirt quilt for my niece.  


Chop, chop, chop-- I'm making a dent.  This whole process would have been much faster if I didn't hate ironing interfacing so much!  I am hoping on Friday to have the whole layout done where I can begin piecing it all together.  The piecing will have to wait until after Thanksgiving though, my mother-in-law arrives on Saturday for a week long visit.  We are so excited to have her for the holiday!


 One last item of note... we adopted and brought Boone home with us two years ago today.  I cannot even begin to explain the ways in which he has enriched our lives.  He brings so much joy and love into our little homestead.  I spent the morning looking through his puppy photos and can hardly believe how much he has grown-- both in size and demeanor.  

We decided that to mark this special occasion we would attempt to create a "then and now" photo.


 Lol.  I guess he's gotten a bit too big for napping on the couch with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment