Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The sound of silence

It's a quiet night around here tonight.  Tuesday is the night my husband takes off to fiddle around (no really, he's out playing the fiddle at a local old time jam), so it's just me and the hum of my sewing machine.  And Boone under foot.  Really underfoot.  I have a very small walk through area in my sewing room, and Boone has taken to laying right in the middle of it- right in the pathway from sewing machine to ironing board.  


Although he is completely in the way, I love him hanging out with me.
And that mess on the bed there... that's what happens when I decide to make something using my scrap bin. 

I finished piecing the front of the deer pillow case:


I just have to sandwich, quilt, and bind it now.  It should be wrapped up quickly. 
Then I started a few wonky stars for the next pillow:


I'm beginning to think it may be a lofty goal to finish these up by Saturday, but we'll see how it goes.

After a crazy week with too many meals out, tomorrow I get to cook again!  I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment